AES-VCM Mong Duong Power Company Limited (the “BOT Company”), Owner of Mong Duong 2 BOT Power Project, is a limited liability company formed by the affiliates of The AES Corporation (USA), Posco Energy (Korea) and China Investment Corporation (China).
• Net Capacity: 1120 MW with 2 units of 560 MW each
• Fuel: coal fired
• Invested capital: approximately USD 2.1 billion
• Investment type: 100% foreign investment under the Build – Operate – Transfer (BOT) scheme. The Plant will be transferred to Government of Vietnam after 25 years of operation
• Expected Commercial Operation Date: in 2015
+ Installation, Erection & Commissioning: Doosan Heavy Industries Vietnam Co. Ltd.
+ Equipment Supply: Doosan Heavy Industries and Construction
+ Engineering: Doosan Power Systems India Pvt. Ltd.
• Actual peak manpower during construction: approximately 7,000
• Estimated number of employees during operation phase: approximately 200, mostly local Vietnamese